With the new year came the desire to finish this quilt. So I carefully flipped my little project onto a piece of Press-Away Topping to be used on the bottom of the piece. Then I added another piece on top and started to quilt my piece.
The instructions for the Press-Away Topping suggest using only one layer on top of a project. I was a little bit concerned about how I would get rid of my two layers of topping. And it was a challenge to remove all the gunk ... but in the end, I used boiling water over the whole thing. This helped remove a lot of the topping and then I used the iron to get rid of the rest (No such thing as a dry iron as the instructions recommend, as everything was wet through.)
In the process I gained a special effect on one side (melted ribbon,) which I tried to duplicate in a controlled manner on the other side, without success.
Now you can't tell what all this little quilt had to go through to survive, and I just love it. Hope you will too!