To help me create this gift, I'd like to ask you to send me a piece of fabric that you'd like to include in the quilt. Here are some parameters:
- It can be almost any kind of cotton, linen or wool.
- Unless it's a particularly sentimental piece, please don't send tulle, sequined fabric or silk, because these fabrics don't stand the test of time.
- The pieces of fabric can be as small as 6"x6" and as large as a half yard, from which I will use multiple cut pieces.
- If there is story behind the piece of fabric that you'd like to share with Erin and James, please include a note about that, as well.
- clothing (shirts, pants, dresses, socks, etc.)
- a towel
- pieces from an old quilt that you're not using any longer
- a tablecloth
- cloth napkin
- a purchased piece of fabric in a color you love (ask for a "fat quarter," or 1/4 of a yard)
- lace doily
- t shirt
- if you live in another country, send a piece of fabric from that country
- You can also design a piece of fabric with paint, applique, embroidery or any other technique! (You can design and create anything you would like, about 6"x 6," just please make sure it is machine washable)
I received all types of fabric with very sweet notes explaining why a specific piece of fabric was chosen. When I gave Erin and James the quilt I gave them the notes which they poured over and enjoyed! While I didn't get any sequins or tulle, the most challenging piece of fabric was the neoprene. It was too stiff to use in or as a square so I cut out little sea turtles and attached ...a very important memory to Erin and James.
Designed by Linda Zimmerman