Sunday, June 27, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
ART QUILT & GIFT SALE
Art quilts, table runners, and more!
Barbara Coleman Adams
Is donating all proceeds from this sale of her work to the
Historic Meeting House Fund of
United Church on the Green, New Haven, CT
SATURDAY, June 19,
2010 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
In the foyer of United Church on the Green
Corner of Temple & Elm Streets, New Haven
At 4:00 p.m. come to “Put Your Whole Self In,”
a story-sharing event for families of all shapes and sizes,
featuring master mime Todd Farley and puppeteer Betty Baisden
SUNDAY, June 20,
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Worship with us at United Church on the Green at 10:30.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
“Conn Text” Challenge
We created a challenge open to all current and former members of Sisters in Cloth, aka Gone to Pieces, or aka Newcomer’s Quilting.
Our challenge is “word”. It can be interpreted to be a word, text; it can be inspiration drawn from a poem, literature, whatever inspires you by the word “word”.
1. Each piece will be three attached layers, 20” in width and up to, but no larger than, 48” in height.
2. Each piece will be faced (not bound).
3. Each participant is responsible for affixing her piece to black stretcher bars.
4. Each piece will contain at least one letter or character.
5. The work may be of mixed media, but should contain fabric.
6. Drop dead deadline is June 11, 2010
These were the instructions and yesterday was the reveal day which didn't start out all thatauspicious. I had a power failure at my house and, at the last minute, had to find another meeting place. We all congregated at a local tea shop.