“Conn Text” Challenge
We created a challenge open to all current and former members of Sisters in Cloth, aka Gone to Pieces, or aka Newcomer’s Quilting.
Our challenge is “word”. It can be interpreted to be a word, text; it can be inspiration drawn from a poem, literature, whatever inspires you by the word “word”.
1. Each piece will be three attached layers, 20” in width and up to, but no larger than, 48” in height.
2. Each piece will be faced (not bound).
3. Each participant is responsible for affixing her piece to black stretcher bars.
4. Each piece will contain at least one letter or character.
5. The work may be of mixed media, but should contain fabric.
6. Drop dead deadline is June 11, 2010
These were the instructions and yesterday was the reveal day which didn't start out all thatauspicious. I had a power failure at my house and, at the last minute, had to find another meeting place. We all congregated at a local tea shop.